Saturday, March 28, 2015

Love One Another

     Somebody related a story to me this week that really impacted me and made me think about the effect our actions have on others. Without going into detail about what exactly happened, suffice it to say, that two well meaning people were treated harshly by those they were trying to help.
     As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I served a two year mission a bunch of years ago. I know what it's like to be ridiculed and harassed by those I was trying to help. I even know what it's like to have somebody spit in my face.
     A few lessons that I picked up on after hearing about the experience:

  • We should be more tolerant towards others that have a different belief system
  • We should always treat others with kindness and respect
  • Our actions have consequences. The pain we cause in others may have lifetime effects

   John 13:34  " A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."



No comments:

Post a Comment